Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ty Cobb in Hospital after 20 Ft Fall at work site




Ty was involved in a serious Industial Accident on Friday May 16th at 10:10 AM. While in a scissor lift extended to full height (20feet) a colum that he was helping to set in place swung into his lift and knocked the whole lift over. Tyler says that he was aware that the lift was falling so he backed into the basket as far as he could and when he was close to the ground he jumped. Because of this I believe that his injuries are not near as bad as could have been. He was lifeflighted from the job site to University Hospital. After serveral xrays he ended up with a compound fracture in his right forearm (both bones broken) serveral pins and rods had to be inserted. Also more serious injury was his Scarum (a circular bone that holds the right and left pelvic bones together) was broken and he had to have pins put in there. He was in surgery Friday night from 4 pm until 9:30 pm. Many of his friends and all of his wonderful family came to see him while he was at the Hospital. He was released from the hospital on Monday May 19th. He is non weight bearing on his right leg for 3 months, so he will be using crutches and wheelchair. Tyler has been in lots and lots of pain but has a good attitude and has already healed so much in just the 6days since the accident has happened. Please remember to keep him in your prayers as he will need them for a fast recorvery. If you want to call him and wish him well his phone is 979-6881.

No comments:

About Me

My name is Brenda B Cobb, the name that I like most though is Mom, Grandma Cobb, or Auntie Brenda. I am 42 years old, the youngest of 5 Siblings. I have 2 married children and 4 grandchildren. My mother and I live together in the house that I grew up. I am purchasing the house from my mother, talk about a sense of security. I have worked for Questar Gas for 8 years. I LOVE LIFE!!